Housinglist.com is a premier resource for rent to own and lease to own homes in Alabama. It allows buyers and sellers to quickly find deals and contact information on rent to own or lease to own houses in Alabama. HousingList.com covers the full range of conventional rent to own homes, lease to own homes, for sale by owner (FSBO) homes, REO foreclosure homes, and pre foreclosure homes. Finding affordable Alabama rent to own homes has never been easier!
Top 15 Reasons to Live in Alabama
1. Over a dozen four-year universities! Alabama is home to 14 prestigious four-year public universities and another 17 private undergraduate and graduate schools, including University of Alabama, Tuskegee University and Auburn University.
2. Visit the Rocket Capital of the World! Huntsville is so called because of its leading NASA programs at the Marshall Space Flight Center; kids love the famous and exciting Space Camp at the Space and Rocket Center, and they come from around the country to participate in the program.
3. Alabamians love to play outdoors! There are 24 state parks in this southern state, including the Gulf State Park on the Gulf of Mexico, which is popular with boaters, swimmers and campers, and the underground Cathedral Caverns in Woodville, which are a stunning sight to behold.
4. Its the birthplace of the Civil Rights Movement! Rosa Parks refused to move to the back of the bus in 1954 in Montgomery City, this began the boycott of the bus system and led to the repeal of the Jim Crow Laws in the south.
5. Strong real estate market! The median home price in Alabama was $118,280 in 2012, up over 6 percent over the year before. The market continues to grow and develop, with cities like Mobile seeing a 33 percent increase in sales, including rent to own homes.
6. Football is serious business! A passionate rivalry exists between the University of Alabamas Crimson Tide and the Auburn Universitys Tigers. Fans travel from around the state to watch games, so be prepared to take a side.
7. Slow and steady increases! A steady increase in population, of around 1 percent, shows that Alabama is a popular place to live, and many people are moving into cities like Birmingham, which has seen house values rise 1 percent over last year.
8. High vacancy rates make it easy to move! In Birmingham and Huntsville the vacancy rates on rental homes is as high as 20 percent or more, due in part to the fluctuating student population, allowing for easy transitions from other cities and states.
9. Low cost of living and reasonable sales tax! The state sales tax is a low 4 percent, making it possible to buy more necessities and luxuries while spending less. Theres also a below national average cost of living in Alabama, around 90 overall and even lower for housing, which results in a higher standard of living.
10. Great weather! Sure, there are some hurricanes near the Gulf, but the mild winters and hot, sunny summers are a point of pride for these southerners. Plus, it makes dipping into the Gulf of Mexico or enjoying one of the 19 local breweries products all the sweeter.
11. Take a swing! The famous Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail features 10 courses and over 432 holes perfect for practicing swings, putting and follow through without every growing bored.
12. A growing job market! A CPS survey showed an increase of 29,353 jobs over last year. Alabama is also noted for having favorable property taxes, including six cities that are exempt from property taxes.
13. Watch more sports! Home to four of the worlds largest stadiums, Talladega Super Speedway, Bryant Denny Stadium, Jordan Hare Stadium and Legion Field Stadium, each holding over 70,000 people, Alabama knows how to host a competition.
14. Top notch medical research programs! The University of Alabama in Birmingham is one of the top 20 institutions for federal research funding, with more than $433 million in funding. They also received the Beckman award, a grant that allows students to work with top scientists for two years.
15. Fantastic place to vacation! Tourists fly in from around the world to explore the beaches, culture and retail experience of Alabama, over 20 million a year. In 2006, tourism brought in $8.3 billion, which created 162,000 jobs.
to get full property details for our rent-to-own homes
(including price and contact info ).